Kanha Tiger Reserve is nestled in the Maikal range of the Satpura hills. The Tiger Reserve sprawls across the Mandla and Balaghat districts of Madhya Pradesh in central India.
- Longitude:80o 26’ 10” E to 81o 04’ 40” E
- Latitude:22o 01’ 05” N to 22o 27’ 48”
- Elevation 450m to 900m (above MSL)
- Annual Rainfall:1400 mm
- Temperature: Summer 11oC to 43oC, Winter -2oC to 29oC
Area of the Park
- Core Zone (Critical Tiger Habitat):917.43 sq. km.
- National Park: 22.57 sq. km.
- Buffer Zone: 1134.32 sq. km.
- Total area of the Kanha Tiger Reserve: 2074.32 sq. km.